Senior LPGA Championship
2017 LPGA Local Open Qualifier Fast Facts
The LPGA will conduct an 18-hole, stroke-play competition to determine two (2) players who will qualify to compete in select LPGA tournaments. Each of the players who qualify will receive an exemption directly into the tournament field.
The “Open Qualifiers” will be contested at sixteen (16) tournaments during the 2017 season. The qualifying round will be held on either Monday or Tuesday of the scheduled tournament week and, in the case of the LPGA LOTTE Championship on Sunday. Local Open Qualifiers will be held at the following 2017 LPGA tournaments:
Commitment Deadline: Friday, June 9th, 2017 at 5:00PM ET
Sponsor Invitation Deadline: Thursday, July 6, 2017 at 5:00PM ET or within one hour of the conclusion of the local qualifier (whichever is later). In the event that a sponsor invite withdraws prior to the invitation deadline, the sponsor may replace such invite with another invite up until Thursday, July 6, 2017 at 5:00PM ET.
The field of 81 Professional Players will be determined as follows –
- Members of the LPGA and/or World Golf Halls of Fame
- Winners of Legends Tour events in the previous three (3) years and during the current year (inclusive of official and unofficial events with a minimum of thirty-six (36) holes of tournament play completed)
- Winners of an Official LPGA Tour event in the previous ten (10) years
- Top-five (5) finishers and ties in the Senior Division at the previous year’s T&CP National Championship
- Top-ten (10) finishers and ties in the Championship Division at the previous year’s T&CP National Championship
- Top-forty (40) Players on the current-year Legends Tour Performance Points List as of the commitment deadline
- Past winners of an LPGA Major Championship
- Two (2) players who are sponsor invites as determined by the sponsor
- Top-two (2) finishers in the local qualifying tournament held during tournament week
- The balance of the field will be filled by players, ranked in the order of their position on the official LPGA Career Money list as of the commitment deadline
The Championship will be open to female professionals age 45 and older as of the date of the first scheduled competition round (Monday, July 10, 2017).
***Fields are preliminary until the commitment deadline***